Week 11: Marketing with Twitter, LinkedIn, Social Influencers




After carefully reading into all of these different social media platforms, I have decided that my business will not be using them. My business is going to be a very small business and with only my husband and I running it all while taking care of animals it's going to take up a lot of the time and I don't want to overload what we can do. Currently, we have a page on Facebook and an account with Instagram and even with just these 2 platforms we are having difficulty keeping them updated with content. For this blog post, I will be writing why my business will not be using Twitter, LinkedIn and social media influencers. 


Let's look at Twitter first, while it has over 320 Million active accounts it is also a platform that has been used for controversy. Users are able to include your tag in their own personal post which could lead to you gaining more followers or losing followers not to mention potentially putting you on the spot. Twitter has been seen as a sort of popularity contest, the more followers you have means everything to some individuals which results in them spending insane amount of time interacting with their account. But I don't believe that popularity means everything and with a business that is focused on high quality animals I want to be known for selling animals that people are happy with instead of being focused on numbers.

LinkedIn has been around for many years, I signed up for a personal account when I was 13 years old. Since creating the account I have not needed to use it since so I think creating an account for my business would be a waste of time. LinkedIn is no longer relevant in regards to you barely hear it mentioned anymore in personal or professional communications. There are many other options out there that are still seen as relevant and current that provide a better experience with the same results.

Lastly we are going to look at social media influencers which is one platform that I would consider using with my business. Looking at YouTube there are many well known Tarantula keepers that post videos frequently and completely trusted in the community. To be able to be featured in one of their videos would be life changing to your business and bring in more potential customers because they would help you build trust in your brand. Although there is influencers that deal with tarantulas there is not many influencers that post videos regarding bearded dragons that are well known.

Currently, our business is using Facebook and Instagram to promote our business as these are popular social media platforms. With the help of Facebook we have been able to find others that are interested in the animals we are looking to sell and this helps eliminate us trying to find our target market. My husband and I have joined several different Facebook groups and have started to keep note on what individuals like and do not like when it comes to buying animals. In the future we would love to be able to keep our current platforms up-to-date regularly to keep potential customers in the loop with current information.

Comments

  1. Hello Natasha! I think that it would be cool for your business to work with other social media animal lovers as influencers for your instagram page. You could get some cool pictures and connect with others for your business with social media influencers as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty awesome you made a LinkedIn account at 13. Even though there are many other sites that have similar or even better functionality, the amount of people and businesses on LinkedIn is so huge that it would be silly to neglect. Connections are something that we are always in need of, and there aren't many other services that have that kind of userbase, allowing greater potential of finding a valuable connection. Though I do agree that LinkedIn is slowly becoming less relevant as other sites begin to pop up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog