Week 17: Wrapping It Up




This class has been eye opening and has changed my original perspective when it comes to using social media for a business. Originally I thought that it would be less time consuming and more fun to use social media but throughout the semester my views have been changed. What I originally thought would be fun has now turned into a second job trying to keep fresh and engaging content for my followers. One of the main points for me starting my own business was to be able to have a job that I love but when social media is added that love slowly turns to resentment. 

For the businesses that are able to keep up with multiple social media applications I have a newfound respect for them. My understanding on how to use social media to develop a business still needs some work which could possibly be because I chose an area of business that is still new and there isn't a huge market for it. But I do understand now the importance of keeping up with engaging content and making frequent posts to keep views coming onto your page, when you get more views you have the potential to get more customers. The bottom line is, to keep generating views to your website you need to make sure that you are keeping up with your social media accounts and posting content on a regular basis some content is better than having no content.

The service that I will continue to use is Facebook Groups and has been the best thing that I have found to engage with my target market. Not only am I able to engage with my target markets but I am able to find out about events going on in my area and interact with other businesses in my field. With the help of the groups I was able to find out about the ReptileExpo in San Diego a few months ago which resulted in me finding established businesses willing to buy future animals and selling them in their stores. The thought of being able to be more of a wholesaler takes my interest to a whole new level as this will give me more time to spend with my animals as well as my family while still making a profit.

Overall, this has been a rewarding class for me as I got way more out of it than I was expecting initially. When we think of social media we think of the ease of use of it and being able to talk to people promptly or engage with posts but it's much more than that. It's another way for businesses to gain more potential customers as all it takes is for someone to share their business and give them a positive review and this will lead to more customers viewing their site. Social media has also paved the way for an alternative way for customers to interact with businesses through messenger apps or messages which is a huge solution if you have customers that don't like talking on the phone. Social media will only give out what you give in if you are being active then you are likely to get more activity if you don't post at all you risk customers finding more engaging content.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog