Week 1A: My Template and Week1B:Blogs I Commented On


After careful searching throughout the available theme's I noticed that almost all were aimed at a cheery and colorful side. The color schematics were not as appealing as this dark forest theme as I have always gone a different way in my life gravitating towards darker colors. When I saw this theme aside from the fact that the colors drew me in the first thing that I think of while looking at this image is Halloween which has always been my favorite holiday. 


Social media as a whole has come along with in such a short amount of time, while I was in High School the only platform that was available was Myspace and now we have several different platforms to use to connect with others. A good business has some involvement with social media sometimes in several different platforms aimed at targeting a larger potential client base than if they were just using one platform. 

When using social media for personal use the first platform that comes to mind is Facebook as it is currently the only platform that I use personally. While there is several different platforms available for personal use it is my opinion that most of the other sites are almost like a popularity contest. People are more concerned with the number of followers that they have on Twitter or the number of likes that they have on their Instagram photos. Social Media is subjective as depending on who you are as a person and what you are using social media for there is a platform targeted for you. 

Business wise, I think that utilizing any and all available platforms is the way to go. The more people that are made aware of the business the higher your possibility of getting new customers is. Hiring someone to handle to social media side of the business in my opinion is extremely important, for example when I think of a business on social media I think of Wendy's which has a strong following on Twitter. They use humor for some of their posts which people can find appealing, which leads to those messages being shared onto other platforms. 

Comments

  1. Hi Natasha,
    Nice choice on the theme I think this was one of my first choices but went with something just a bit lighter. How did MySpace work? I was just a bit too young to remember when that was around. Is there a specific reason you only use Facebook? I found it interesting how you brought out how some companies like Wendy’s have used Twitter to increase awareness and attract new customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Natasha: Myspace worked for me promoting my first music productions, my flow was amateurish but for a one man effort I had some results that where not artificial (like the paid views or plays people use to market). Trying to promote I learned that half of Justin Beabier's fans from myspace to facebook to twitter are actually bout out fake fans. People are still doing the same to hype youtube, you buy plays and people follow. I did not adapt to new game with facebook, twitter, etc. Music sales are kinda worthless nowadays (spotify pays crumbs to artists), the industry is geared towards concerts nowadays. I am focusing on other things to sell now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natasha,
    I like your your blog platform's scheme. The whole thing suggests that there may be something mysterious lurking in here. My curiosity was up and wanted to explore.
    These people on social media who appear to only care about likes, followers and shares are there for just that. As I understand it, the more a person can get noticed, the better. Social media companies and other businesses will pay people to post things. I have a friend who is what they call an influencer. He gets paid by the social media company to make posts. Companies send him products to use and post about them. Those companies also compensate him when the posts receive a certain amount of likes/views. Not a bad side hustle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natasha,

    I admire that your blog is so different than the others I have looked at in our group. It works well to set yours apart and make it memorable. I honestly didn’t even notice that most of the themes aimed at a cheery colorful side. I am not sure the exact mood or feeling you were aiming towards when creating your blog, if any. For me, your blog gives a similar feeling to the calm and stillness of night when the world feels as if it is paused. I am given the opportunity to pause my surroundings and submerge into your blog.

    Can’t wait to see how you update your blog throughout the semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog